Red Raider GuaranteeIn an effort to increase access to higher education, Texas Tech has implemented a plan to guarantee tuition and mandatory fees (based on 30 credit hours for the year) to new entering freshmen and transfer students with an associate’s degree, who are Texas residents, have a family adjusted gross income that does not exceed $40,000, and who will be enrolled full time (12 hours or more each semester).
Eligible students must apply, be accepted for admission and have a complete financial aid file before March 15 to be considered for Red Raider Guarantee. Students may qualify for the program for up to eight (8) semesters of full-time enrollment for incoming freshmen, and up to four (4) semesters for transfer students with an associate’s degree.
Red Raider Guarantee ensures tuition and mandatory fees up to 30 credit hours per year, will be paid by a combination of federal, state, and institutional funds. Examples of funds include, but are not limited to: PELL Grant, SEOG, TEXAS Grant, Texas Public Education Grant, Texas Tech Grant, scholarships (external and/or internal) etc…
**This guarantee is subject to change without notice based on the annual funding levels provided to the university by the federal and state education agencies.
Red Raider Guarantee Requirements:
To be eligible you:
- Must be an entering freshman or transfer student who has earned an associate’s degree.
- Must be eligible to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must be a Texas resident
- Must have a family adjusted gross income of $40,000 or less
- Must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 hours) each semester
- Must apply, be accepted for admission and have a complete financial aid file by March 15
Need more information about Red Raider Guarantee FAQ