When it comes to financing a college degree, the Texas B-On-Time (BOT) Loan Program provides a great deal to student borrowers: the loan is zero interest, and can be forgiven if borrowers earn their degrees on time with a 3.0 grade point average.
To learn more on recent changes in the BOT loan program please visit TG Shoptalk website for valuable information on the B-On-Time program.
Who may be eligible for this loan?
- Texas Residents
- Graduated from a Texas public or private high school with Recommended high school program or higher
- Enrolled at full time (12 or more hours/semester) in a degree seeking program
- Meet SAP
- Annual funding is limited and awards are made on a first come, first eligible basis
Is a cosigner required?
- A cosigner is not required for this loan program.
How much can I borrow?
- Maximum loan amount as determined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB),
- Cost of Attendance minus all other financial aid, or
- Whichever of the previous two amounts is less.
- Student may choose to reduce loan offered based on desired loan amount.
Is the FAFSA required?
Is a credit check required?
Current Interest Rate
- 0% is accrued on this loan while attending school
- 0% is accrued on this loan during the grace period
- 0% is accrued on this loan during repayment
- Interest is never charged on this loan at any time.
Current Origination Fee
- 3.0% Origination Fee will be deducted from the approved gross loan amount.
- Repayment begins 6 months after the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time.
- BOT loan has a 15-year repayment period or a minimum monthly payment of $75.00. BOT loans have a 0% interest rate.
How do i apply
- Eligible students must contact the Financial Aid Office to request consideration for BOT.
- Based on student aid eligibility and available funding, an award will be added to student aid package.
- Student must accept, reduce or reject award through MyTech portal on Raiderlink
- TTU Financial Aid will electronically send loan to the THECB for processing
- Student will access Account Login at www.hhloans.com to create student profile and access BOT loan application process
- Student must complete Loan Application, Solicitation Disclosure, Self-Certification,
- Loan Approval Disclosure Statement to be signed and returned to after loan is approved.